Explore the Life of Birds of Prey in Mongolia
Pallas’s Fish Eagle, Cinereous Vulture, Amur & Saker Falcons, and Upland & Eastern Buzzards
Mongolia is surely a best place to explore the struggling life of birds of prey (raptors). Encounters of steppe raptors are more frequent where the number of rodents is high, including Brandt’s Vole and Mongolian Jird. You can see many breeding raptors in various plumages of ages and sexes. Sometimes we encounter huge flocks of Cinereous and Himalayan Vultures scavenging on a single carcass across Mongolian steppes or a gathering of eagles on a single spot, including Pallas’s Fish, White-tailed, and Steppe Eagles in Lake Ugii. In the world renowned Hustai National Park, we will see mixed breeding colony of falcons including Lesser and Common Kestrels, Amur Falcon, and Eurasian Hobby. It is always a joy to see nesting raptors and observe their heart-felt behavior of feeding their noisy youngsters on their nest.
Starting from Siberian boreal forest, this birding trip will take you to the most famous wildlife sites in Mongolian steppes, freshwater lakes and High Mountains in search of wide variety of characteristic raptors including Amur and Saker Falcons, Lesser and Common Kestrels, Steppe, Golden and Pallas’s Fish Eagles, Cinereous and Bearded Vultures, Himalayan Griffon, Eastern Marsh Harrier, Upland, Eastern, Long-legged Buzzards and many more.
With many years of travelling for exploration of birds in Mongolia, our highly experienced expert guides from Mongolian Ornithological Society will help you discover all the priorities in the famous wildlife sites in the country. Our highly skilled travel crew will take care of you for giving you the great memory and fantastic birding experience which should be never forgotten!
Highlights of this birding trip:
- Most sought-after raptors including Pallas’s Fish, Steppe and Golden Eagles, Amur and Saker Falcons, Bearded and Cinereous Vultures, Eastern Marsh Harrier, Upland, Long-legged and Eastern Buzzards
- Travel with highly skilled travel crew and experienced expert guides
- Discover the land of blue sky driving through gloriously scenic landscapes
- Explore fascinating bird specialties in a wide variety of ecosystems including Siberian boreal forest (or taiga), Mongolian steppes, rock pillar mountains, freshwater lakes
- Visit Mongolian nomadic herders, known as descendants of Chinggis Khaan (Genghis Khan) and get a taste of their lifestyle
- Horse/camel trek will be extra experience